In this episode, Shellee and Jay discuss:
- Teenagers having no idea of what they want to do with their life
- The truth in having multiple skills or passions
- Doing something that guarantees a return on investment
- College preparation is not an age based thing.
- Advice like “follow your passion” will not help teenagers in determining their career path. Seek assistance from people with skills to walk alongside them and guide them through the process of finding a fulfilling career.
- There’s nothing wrong with having multiple skills or interests, but you may end up not realizing your full potential. So, commit completely to one field and then build that up because there are other factors to consider when looking for a career that fits.
- Some things may be a good fit, but they are not a good choice. To avoid wasting time, money, and effort, it’s critical to find a verifiable career fit before beginning the college process.
- College preparation is not an age based decision. It is your curiosity, desire, and drive to discover the verifiable career fit for you that will prepare you for college and help you thrive in the path you will take.
“You’re wired for greatness, it’s a matter of finding where and then stepping forward into it.” — Jay Dusold
About Jay Dusold: Jay is the founder of MapInMe Teen Career guidance which helps teens to fulfill life work and full potential.
Through a unique story-based design assessment developed over fifty years ago, he helps teens discover their innate wiring and then use that knowledge to accurately identify careers where they’ll experience success, satisfaction, and motivation.
Connect with Jay Dusold:
Company Website: https://www.LifeAfter12th.com
Personal Website: https://www.facebook.com/jaydusoldcoaching/
Private Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LifeAfter12th/
Connect with Shellee Howard:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Angelica Rayco.
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.