In this episode, Shellee and Phephe discuss:
- The truth about choosing a creative career path
- Choosing what path to take in college
- Moving into college dorms
- Turning creativity into a business
- Being creative is more than just a hobby. Make that creativity a career and you can build your life around it and have a successful life.
- More exposure and research into your passion will help you in selecting the best college course that fits your personality.
- Do not be afraid to live in a dorm during your college years; you will meet many new people, expand your network of acquaintances and create memories that will last a lifetime. Living in a dorm is also a welcome transition to adulthood.
- Your creativity could be turned into a profitable craft. It’s simply a matter of strategizing your use of social media for an online portfolio if you want to thrive and stand out from the competition.
“I think creativity and imagination are so important. It’s a leader in how we innovate, and even with technology it starts with creativity, and what you can build and what we see our future in.” — Phephe Rose
About Phephe Rose: Phephe Rose is a multidisciplinary designer, entrepreneur, and artist who earned her bachelor’s degree in Architecture at University of South California (USC).
She has spent nearly a decade developing her own personal brand as an artist and founded Brush Up Your Brand and Brush Up Your Space. She is also the founder of Phephe Rose Studio, a creative design studio where she guides entrepreneurs and influencers on how to gain visibility and credibility in their industry.
Her mission is to inspire creativity in our next generation.
Connect with Phephe Rose:
Connect with Shellee Howard:
Show notes by Podcastologist: Angelica Rayco.
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.