Nellie and Shellee discuss:
– Love and Lead your teenager so they are ready when it is time for them to leave for college.
– The second half of their childhood, you are partnering with them and building their life with them, not for them.
– When you drop them off at college, you don’t want to worry if they can handle it. You prepare them in the years leading up to college so you can be happy and excited for them.
– They need a foundation of self worth, self confidence and self esteem before you send them to college. Or they chase their worth in any place they can.
– Teenagers have a need to be seen, heard, loved, belong and have a purpose.
– Every child is different and you may have to parent them each differently.
Nellie is a Christian Family Life & Leadership Coach who focuses on helping parents and their teen daughters go from HOPING they are doing all the “right things”, feeling lost and just surviving teen life to KNOWING they are doing the right things for their unique child and getting her set on a solid path to establishing her personal authority, owning her responsibilities and living in her joy so that she has a firm foundation to build the rest of her life on where she trusts herself, stays aligned in her values and trades chasing worth for standing in her confidence every day in order to face anything and become the leader of her own life. She is a wife and mom to 4 teen daughters, author, speaker, podcaster, retired homeschooling parent and adventure chaser. She has a degree in biology and psychology, years of leadership training and a diverse behavior background from humpback whales in the South Pacific to teens and parents in homes across the world. She believes in a life of intention, making dreams and goals realities and knows that the best way to change the world is through one living room at a time!
Connect with Nellie:
Connect with Shellee: